mercoledì 1 febbraio 2012

[EN] Kumquat fishes (decoration)

For me presentation of food is as important as flavour and I love doing it.
This is something I have done for an orange salad (I'll post soon the recipe).



Preparation time: 10 minutes 







I used:
kumquats (small citrus fruits)
blade
little caver
toothpick
cloves






On the longer side, I cut a thin piece of peel.





With a carving tool I create the mouth.





I draw the fin with a pen and with a blade I carve it.




I cut in halves the piece of peel:
- with one part, I create the fishtail.
I carve my kumquat and I put the fishtail.





- with the other piece, I create the dorsal fin.
I carve my kumquat and I put the fin.








With a toothpick I create the eyes and in the hole I put a clove.










That's all!





FTC Disclaimer: Any products or materials used or seen in this video were purchased for personal use and are not used or suggested for advertisements or endorsements. I'm not being paid to make this video.

I've found this idea on this book:




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento