martedì 4 febbraio 2014

[EN] Onion Soup with puff pastry


Making time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes +  15 minutes in the oven
Total time: about 1 hour


Ingredients (2 people):
2 onions (13 oz-370 g)
1.8 oz (50 g) butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 spoon flour
750 ml stock
2 slices of sanwich loaf
1.8 oz (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese 
1 sheet puff pastry







I heat the stock.
Meantime I peel the onions and I slice them thinly.




I brown the garlic in the butter in a large saucepan.


I remove the garlic. I add the onion and I cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion softens and browns.




I add a spoon of flour.




I pour the stock. I add salt and I cook for 20 minutes.







I toast the bread.





I unroll the puff pastry and I cut it a little bit larger than my bowl.





I place a slice of bread in the bowl and I pour the onion. I pour the grated Parmesan cheese.



I wet the edge of the bowl and I cover with the puff pastry.
With a knife I make some holes in the pastry.

I cook in the oven at 392 F (240 °C) for 15 minutes.

Buon Appetito!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento